Thursday, September 17, 2015

Germany: Frankfurt Romer

After a delightful day in Cologne we rode the train down to Frankfurt. We got to visit our friends from home and they were kind enough to let us stay with them. For our day in Frankfurt we started in the old city called the Romer. I actually don't know why it is called that I would hazard a guess that it has something to do with this being the part of the city enclosed by a roman wall or something. Those romans just keep showing up. 
We saw two churches. both had very nice exteriors and simple protestant interiors.
It was fun to walk the Zeil, the long pedestrian street. It is lined with lots of buildings with old architecture and some newer varieties. 
Laura said she felt very German seeing the buildings with the wooden beams and white plaster.
We even got to see the TV tower that some of you may remember from when I was in Frankfurt before. 











No comments:

Post a Comment