Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Visiting Grandma: Hood River and waterfalls

We took a nice drive through the Hood River fruit loop to see some different farms and try the delicious fruit. We stopped at a lavender farm and an alpaca farm where there were cute little alpacas that we got to feed and they showed us how to spin yarn. We went to some orchards and stopped at a tiny diner in Parkdale for lunch and a larger store where we got Bumbleberry cobbler which was quite good. The whole loop had beautiful views of Mt Hood. 
 Please note Mt Hood. 




On the way back we took the scenic highway and stopped at the waterfalls in the gorge. They were beautiful as always, though you can see there is less water than some of the other times we have gone. 


7 comments:

  1. You got to feed a llama!!! I hope it smelled like lavender.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got to feed a llama!!! I hope it smelled like lavender.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It didn't smell like lavender but the baby was really cute. We thought of you.

      Delete
    2. I'm starting to think it's not Laura who has a thing with Llamas, but you. Llamas in the Vatican, Llamas in Oregon, Llamas in the trunk...

      Delete
  3. I am glad to see that you are keeping with family tradition and visiting waterfalls and other beautiful places, topped off with eating berries in any available form! Well done!

    ReplyDelete