Thursday, August 27, 2015

Kyma


For the August Atlanta dining experience I went to the Greek restaurant Kyma. My labmate and I got all fancy for the event, it was a good thing we did too because there was a sign on the door saying "appropriate attire required." I guess we passed muster because they let us in. 
The restaurant was very fancy, as you can see, and they served almost exclusively fish, which you can also see. We snagged a non fish appetizer: zucchini fritters (made with zucchini and fetta and fried). We ordered a skate wing, which was delicious, and a whole tsipoura fish, which was also delicious. I impressed my labmate with my knowledge of fish cheeks being a good part of the fish to eat, so I guess I learned something in China. Dessert was particularly wonderful, we got baklava with candied pistachios and pistachio ice cream. 
It was a delicious evening and lots of fun to go somewhere super fancy. 

2 comments:

  1. It looks fancy enough to be a black tie event in a museum. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no neither of us were wearing black ties. I'm glad they still let us in.

      Delete