After the swamp we went in to Charleston. People often compare Charleston to Savannah, while they are similar, Charleston has much less Spanish moss and much more color.
The houses are all built facing the water so the breezes can blow through them and it seems that they are all colorful.
We stopped in to see a Hugonaut church. There were some beautiful stained glass windows inside, but more interesting was what we found outside.In the church's cemetery we found grave markers for the Archangles Michael, and Raphael, and all the angels, and all the cherubim. I didn't know it was open season on angels but I hope that Gabriel is hiding out somewhere safe since they haven't gotten him yet.
Just two more pictures of the picturesque town.







I had to come back and read this again because your angel commentary was so funny. And you are hilarious. Please write travel guides.
ReplyDeleteI'll do my best! Stay tuned for more angel commentary. Europe is full of them, I have concluded that cherubs are creepy. They just sit there are spy on everyone.
Delete