As some of you may remember, Jimmy Carter president. He is from Georgia; his family were peanut farmers in a little town in southern Georgia. Apparently Jimmy Carter still teaches Sunday School in the local church. So one of my friends from school and I made a field trip to Plains, Georgia to hear a former president teach sunday school.
He taught on the section in Thesselonians on the Resurection, or at least that was the reading there was much more on the politics than on Paul. I was glad I brought my Bible with me so I could glance at the lesson material. Most of his remarks were focused on hope for the world and the need to be kind to our fellowmen, so I don't think Paul would be too outraged.
We also found a giant peanut with a giant smile. I thought I fit in quite well.
On the way back we got BBQ at the Zombie Pig. I don't think this pig became a zombie because of some kind of pathogen because we haven't noticed any appetite for brains.



Wow. Not everyone gets to hear a Sunday School lesson taught by a former POTUS!
ReplyDeleteWow. Not everyone gets to hear a Sunday School lesson taught by a former POTUS!
ReplyDelete