Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Moving again

In the book The Arcadians by Lloyd Alexander, the heroine informs the main character "there must be something about your head that makes people want to hit it." I have recently been thinking that there must be something about graduate students from our family that makes professor's want to move. My first PI took a different job, Dr. Cummings moved to Boston, and now Anita has switched departments and moved to the first floor. The chaos of the lab resolved remarkably well. What the universe does not realize with all the effort it has put into shuffling faculty is that I have remained quietly undistrubed in my corner. Peacefully arranging my dinosaurs and action figures amid the sea of churning professors. 


1 comment:

  1. This is my new favorite phrase. "Peacefully arranging my dinosaurs and action figures amid the sea of churning professors."
    I can think of no more fitting description.

    ReplyDelete