Friday, March 3, 2017

Relief Society gun safety activity

When I was in Young Womens I fought an ongoing battle to do cool things for our activities. Making cupcakes is delicious but is best when mixed in with some variety. Now that I am in charge of Relief Society activities I am taking a similar approach. At the end of last year I sent out a survey to the sisters asking what activities they would like to have. The top choice was a gun safety activity. So this past week we had two of our ward members who are in the national guard come and give a gun safety talk. It was a bit more detailed than I had expected but everyone had fun trying on concealed carry holsters and holding different guns. There were three different rifles and two hand guns. We are planning on going to a shooting range sometime this month. 

2 comments:

  1. Cool! Maybe your ward can also do a Klondike I remember you asking for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still not sure how I missed this one ... SHOOT! ... pun intended. ;)

    ReplyDelete