The other exciting part of the night was that I won a doorprize. This never happens so I was really excited. Now I have a brand new camel back thing. So I need to plan a hike to go break it in.
Pushing the frontiers of mischief in Science, Entertainment, and the South East
Tuesday, March 21, 2017
Banff Film Festival
Saturday I went to the Banff Film Festival at Georgia tech. It is always an exciting adventure in to the lives of extreme sports athletes. There were a number of exciting films. The evening started out on a high note with a showing of a film about a guy doing bike tricks in the fields of Scottland. You can watch a portion of that video here: It was a very happy movie. Apparently the guy has a lot more like it on his YouTube channel.
There were some others of people climbing frozen waterfalls, skateboarding on frozen beaches, skiing down mountains, and biking across the USA. The one that took the cake was the long film. It was called Sea Gypsies. It was about a bunch of hippies who live on a ship. They were sailing from New Zealand to Patagonia and decided that they wanted to stop in Antarctica. So they took their boat which is not designed for ice and which has a faulty motor to Antarctica. They got caught in a hurricane, almost frozen in the inlet, and had a run in with Japanese whalers. Pretty much an insane plan with insanely good luck. You can learn more about their adventure. You can read more about their ongoing adventures and watch some clips at their website.
The other exciting part of the night was that I won a doorprize. This never happens so I was really excited. Now I have a brand new camel back thing. So I need to plan a hike to go break it in.
The other exciting part of the night was that I won a doorprize. This never happens so I was really excited. Now I have a brand new camel back thing. So I need to plan a hike to go break it in.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That's awesome! I think you should take your camelback on a boat ride to Antarctica. Or possibly when you hike across the Australian Outback. Don't tell Mom.
ReplyDeleteWow! I watched a few more of his videos. The one you shared is probably his best, but there are some of him doing those same things up on a cliff, and a neat front flip over a barbed wire fence.
ReplyDeleteYou're alive! I've been waiting for an Alicia update and this didn't disappoint. Definitely interested in this Gypsy movie and possibly trying out the boat life (maybe with enough time on a boat I won't get seasick anymore, yikes).
ReplyDelete