Halloween is fun and an essential component of Halloween is the pumpkin. Pay no attention to the purists who try to promote the turnip as the face of Halloween. When Sarah and Patrick were visiting a few years ago we found a really good pumpkin patch. I decided to go back this year to secure the perfect pumpkin.
The pumpkin patch is about an hour north of Atlanta and there were some beautiful leaves on the way there. My two favorite things about this pumpkin patch were the size of the pumpkins (I thought since I was driving all the way up to North Georgia to get a pumpkin, I should give myself a generous pumpkin budget of $25. I found the perfect pumpkin but, as is always the case, it was too bit to lift. So, I had to settle for the biggest one I could carry. For reference, it was half the price. But there were monster pumpkins there costing up to $60), and the variety of the pumpkins. There were tiny pumpkins, and giant pumpkins,
Zombie pumpkins and ghost pumpkins,

warty pumpkins
and veiny pumpkins, and even some edible pumpkins)
After some effort I found a good pumpkin that I could lift and get back home.
Deciding what to put on a pumpkin is always a challenge. Last year was the James Bond pumpkin in honor of the 50th anniversary. The year before was the Star Wars pumpkin. Some other memorable ones have been the Fist Vision pumpkin and the Cinderella Carriage pumpkin. I was thinking about a Batman pumpkin but finally settled on the Fellowship pumpkin.Complete with the full fellowship and first two lines of the One Ring inscription.
In case you have forgotten, the iconic line up is Strider, Bill the Pony, Sam, Borimir, Merry and Pippin, Gimli, Legolas
Frodo and Gandalf.
ONE PUMPKIN TO RULE THEM ALL!




No comments:
Post a Comment