Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Braves Game

Atlanta has a professional baseball team. The Braves. It is a popular summer activity to go watch the games at Turner field and given that they are building a new stadium that is farther away, I thought I better make it out to a game this season. I have never been a big baseball fan. The last time I went to a game was in college and even with bopping back and forth between a baseball and softball game I only made it 4 or 5 innings. I was very hopeful that since these were professionals the game would be more exciting. It was not. We had good seats right down level with the field and some people in the general vicinity caught some stray balls. But it turns out baseball is just hard and no one is good at it even the professionals. I did get to eat snacks while watching: french fries, a popsicle, part of a waffle made out of tatertots and covered with cheese bacon onions and other sauce (I think everyone with a waffle iron now needs to try and figure out how to make tater tots with it). This supply of snacks lasted me all the way to the end of the 9th inning when in a fit of interesting the teams decided to tie the score. Faced with the prospect of extra innings, I retreated. But I have since been informed that the Braves won. 


3 comments:

  1. 9 innings?? That tater tot waffle must have really been something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first 7 were ok. There was food. There was cheering. Then it was boring to death.

      Delete
  2. I think that the music they always play at baseball games is really what kept you there!

    ReplyDelete