
A mainstay in the conversations I have with Mom on the phone is how I'm eating. I am happy to report a sudden increase in the amount of protein in my diet.

At the beginning of October Sarah sent me a picture of a brain cake. I thought it looked pretty impressive but since it was red velvet cake covered in fondant I thought it would taste disgusting. Every year my lab has a big Halloween party which every one takes very seriously. I decided it would be fun to bake a brain cake for the party but with more delicious components. So I made a spice cake and covered it with caramel brainy bits.

I followed the internet's advice and made it look nice a fresh by adding raspberry jam on the top. The flavor didn't coordinate perfectly but it does look pretty cool.


All I can say is watch out for your brains!
Well done, Alicia! I'm glad that you took a brain cake to a party that everyone takes seriously. Most appropriate. It turned out well, although I can't exactly say that it looks delicious. But I'm not a zombie. Yet.
ReplyDeleteFor tips on how to save your brains from the Zombies, check out Studio C's video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uo66cJT6hWw