Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Bluegrass night

Bluegrass is an important part of Southern culture, or so I keep hearing. A group of my friends from church got together and went to a bluegrass night. The "pickin' barn" has apparently had bluegrass nights every week for the last 60 years. There was a tragedy in the family an the community rallied around the family and would come every week and play music together, and they have just kept doing it ever since. We were by far the youngest people there but it was lots of fun. 
Two different bands played both were pretty funny. Probably the oddest song was Cabbage head, which sadly I don't have a sample of, but the guy who sang it was very funny. 

This is a little taste of the music, pretty interesting.


2 comments:

  1. Sadly the video wouldn't play :( But if you ever find Cabbage Head, I'd love to hear it. I'm sure that it belongs in our music library!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too bad, I'm not sure what went wrong with it. Here is a link to a less cool version of the song. The guy performing our night sang both parts and made some pretty ridiculous faces.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-B2MwW1MBQ

      Delete