Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Christmas adventures in Utah

I had a great time going to Utah for Christmas and had a few pictures that were too good not to share. There were lots of fun activities, we got to spend a lot of time with Grandma. We had a big cousin party and it was great to see many of my cousins who I haven't seen in years. For Christmas we had the nativity play with one of the cutest little inn keepers ever. 

There was record snowfall in Utah and we took advantage of the fresh snow to go skiing. The mountains were beautiful. It was a marvelous day to spend on the slopes. I'm still not very good at skiing but it is lots of fun to go fast.  


We went to a number of light shows. There was one at Thanksgiving Point that was quite impressive. It started out with a whole field of multi-colored luminaries dancing to music. It was a full mile walk to get all the way around all the lights. There were many different types of lights from giant trees, to fake waterfalls, trees with chandeliers, and even real reindeer.

I found a greenhouse that clearly is where the Grinch stashed all the Poinsettias after he stole them. 








We saw the lights at Temple Square which as always are beautiful, though very cold. We saw the visitor centers and all the nativity sets. We also got to hear an organ concert. 

The last light show we went to was the ice castles in midway. The castle is constructed entirely from ice but the walls are all filled with multicolored lights. The lights changed color and danced to music. There was an ice throne that I sat on to rule my wintry kingdom. The saying holds true "Heavy is the head that wears the yak." At the end of the evening there were fireworks. The firework show got off to a rocky start but once it got underway they were really good. 

All considered, Christmas in Utah was a great adventure.

2 comments:

  1. I love that picture of Nathan! And whatever the spiderweb of lights is

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos! Especially the innkeeper!

    ReplyDelete