I took a train from Rome to Pisa, where the conference was. The train ride was beautiful, it went right up the coast, so looking out the window I saw lots of little Italian towns on the Mediterranean. 
Pisa is a little town that, as far as I can tell, is only famous for the leaning tower situation. The tower itself is disappointingly small. Here is an orange for size reference.
The tower is associated with a church. They have matching marble exteriors. It's too bad they didn't put the effort into the foundation that they did into the stone inlay facade.

Walking back to the train station to wait for my bus to the conference. I passed what appeared to be an imperial invasion. I guess what goes around comes around, Rome. Now might be a good time for everyone to brush up on their lightsaber skills.
Alicia, I love your travelogues! I hope that we can go on a trip together sometime, so that I can read all about our adventures, from your perspective!
ReplyDeleteWas that orange the only thing you had to eat that day?
ReplyDelete