
On the Fourth of July we celebrate our independence from England with hamburgers and fireworks. Preferably both combined with swimming pools. This year I started the day off early running the Peachtree Road Race with my labmates. This is the world's largest 10K. No, that doesn't make it longer, there were just 60,000 other people who ran it. There were lots of people along the whole way cheering for us. Many of them had little stands to hand out free stuff like watermelon, water, pixie sticks, or pizza to the runners. Some people threw waterballoons or had supersoakers which was really nice because it was super hot. The race ended in Piedmont Park. It was really crowded.


Walking back to the train after the race I saw a sign that reminded me that we should also be celebrating our independence from killer tomatoes. You're welcome, Mom. My friends were really confused about why we needed a picture with that sign.

After hanging out for a bit and getting cleaned up I went to the ward pool party. There were hamburgers and watermelon and brownies. You couldn't get much more American than that.

I'm not sure if a dinosaur counts as approved flotation device.
ReplyDeleteDid you get to swim at all?
Much like Cosmo cougar the dinosaur made Brittany appearances throughout the party
DeleteIf you need help finding a new swimming suit, let me know!
ReplyDelete