I went to a conference all week about how muscles form. There were many interesting talks and it was good to see the direction the field is moving. I showed off my poster and got a few ideas for things that would help pull that story together for the paper. One of the coolest talks was about muscle contractures in cerebral palsy. Apparently even though there are contractures the sarcomere (contractile unit) of the muscle is actually longer than it should be. That means now people are thinking about treatments to help the muscle grow rather than to help it stretch. It was a great conference and I am glad that I got to go!Pushing the frontiers of mischief in Science, Entertainment, and the South East
Saturday, June 17, 2017
Myogenesis Conference
I went to a conference all week about how muscles form. There were many interesting talks and it was good to see the direction the field is moving. I showed off my poster and got a few ideas for things that would help pull that story together for the paper. One of the coolest talks was about muscle contractures in cerebral palsy. Apparently even though there are contractures the sarcomere (contractile unit) of the muscle is actually longer than it should be. That means now people are thinking about treatments to help the muscle grow rather than to help it stretch. It was a great conference and I am glad that I got to go!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment