Buddy came to visit me on his way to South Carolina. It was a short visit so we only really had time for one activity. Given Buddy's track record of eating everything in sight I though what would be better for a hungry thing who just finished finals than a food challenge? I showed him a list of all the food challenges in Atlanta; he thought that the one called "burrito as big as your face," featuring two 2 pound burritos complete with rice and beans on the side, sounded delicious. So we drove out to the restaurant and ordered the two monster burritos and a normal sized enchilada. Buddy went strait to work. 
I had just taken these pictures and sent them to the family, unwrapped my silverware and taken a few bites of my lunch when I looked up to find that he had already demolished his first burrito and was well through his second. This was a very hungry thing. He just kept on eating and gave our waitress a heart attack when she came with our first round of drink refills to find both burritos gone.
After a long 15 minutes he had successfully finished both burritos and all the sides. He was very proud of his victory.He was proud enough of his victory that he celebrated by stealing a few bites of my enchilada.

Because he won the challenge he got to meet the general manager and put his picture on the restaurant's page. He also won a t-shirt and a third burrito. This is the face of a "comfortably full" Hungry Thing.
That was a brilliant activity choice, Alicia! I can see the journal entry now: "this week Alicia took me to the best burritos ever!"
ReplyDeleteDid you save the list of food challenges? You might need it.
ReplyDelete