Friday, May 22, 2015

BEINGS: bioethics conference

Sunday through Wednesday I went to a bioethics conference as a session scribe. I took notes on the presentations and debates. Ideally my notes and those of the other session scribes will be drawn on in drafting up the report on the meeting and the consensus recommendations that come out of the meeting. While the discussions were interesting, the upshot was that the new technology introduces very few new ethical concerns; it simply makes it faster and easier to reach those concerning situations and less likely that they could be reversed. 


It wasn't all doom and gloom though: there were fancy receptions and food.  Sunday night the reception was down town. There was a lovely view of the Ferris Wheel and the Atlanta skyline


Monday night there was a fancy dinner in the aquarium ballroom. We got to watch the whale sharks and eat tiny tacos. 







2 comments:

  1. Such cute tacos! They're hamster size!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like those tacos shrunk in the wash. I hope they come in quarts.

    ReplyDelete