I went to the Banff film festival. I learned a lot about the actual festival. There are several hundred entries to the festival and about 89 are screened at the festival in Banff. Then about 40 are sent out on the world tour. Each venue then selects which 8 films they will show. Boulder had 3 different showings of the Banff film festival each showing different films. This means that I would have seen a different line up if I had gone on a different night and that I saw different films than people who went to a different venue. There was one about a man who moved to the far north of Canada and was teaching his toddler about his love of dog sledding and being very very cold.
There was one about a group of climbers who decided to climb an extremely difficult peak in remote Tasmania in the middle of winter. As best I could tell they decided to do this because it would be extremely difficult. They spent about 3 weeks in their tents for weather to be good enough to attempt the climb.
As always it was fun to go to the film festival. I may put in more research in the future into which night to go to.
I like that the Imagination film clip has a T-Rex skiing at the end. We didn't see this movie in Albuquerque, but I read in the guide that the man behind the idea of the film died in an avalanche before the movie was ready to film. So another skier had to step in and do all those stunts. You can tell the skier sure is having a lot of fun skiing in this flick!
ReplyDelete