Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Road trip

The time has come to leave Georgia. So I road tripped out. It was about 24 hours of driving in three days so I spent a long long time in the car. The first night I stopped to visit Laura. We had a good time together. We went to the arboretum. They had big pavilions set up for each of the days of the 12 days of Christmas. Some of the highlights were the 12 drummers (which Laura and I agree should really be a conga/steel drum ensemble. The five golden rings, which were giant rings spun on the noses of sea lions and polar bears. Much cooler than the traditional reading. 

The maids a milking and ladies dancing were cool too. 













There was also a historical house in the gardens with very fancy Christmas trees and a very extensive nutcracker collection. 
We also went to see a giant Christmas tree in a mall. And went to ride roller coasters at 6 flags. The park was terribly organized but there were lots of good rides there. We especially liked the Joker that is a fast roller coaster that also flips you around upside down. The Titan, which is the equivalent of the Georgia Goliath, was really good. We rode it 3 times. 

After my visit with Laura, I went to see Justin. He is in the middle of nowhere. But the town in the middle of nowhere has awesome milkshakes. We also wandered into frontier days, a festival with reenactors from every time from Westward expansion to World War One. 

 After seeing Justin I stopped in Roswell, site of the UFO landings in the 1960's. The street lights are shaped like alien heads and there are exciting aliens all over town.







Also apparently the person who wrote O Fair New Mexico was from Roswell.





No comments:

Post a Comment